We are expecting the arrival of a one, two punch with two storms bringing heavy winds and heavy rain. The first storm is expected to hit Thursday and the second storm to hit Saturday.
Check back here for the latest updates.
**A Message from area Public Works**
High Winds and Heavy rain expected – The National Weather Service expects up to 4 inches of precipitation in the next five days. Below are some items to consider:
- Most of flooding we may see will be because of leaves clogging storm drains, not because of waterways surging over their banks.
- Please DO NOT rake, sweep or blow your leaves onto roadways where they can clog storm drains, causing flooding and create driving hazards.
- Clark County and and the City of Vancouver offer coupons for free leaf disposal. These are available on both agencies websites.
- If you see an urgent problem, call 911. If you see an issue that does not pose an imminent threat to public safety, call Clark County Public Works for incidents outside the City of Vancouver and other city limits. (Those numbers are listed below.)
- Clark County does have sand and sandbags available for emergency situations. Please see locations below based on your location.
- Report down trees by calling 360-397-2446. Crews can use chain saws to cut up trees and limbs and clear obstructions.
- The one exception is where power is involved. Clark Public Utilities needs to respond to those incidents.
Current Weather Information
We rely on the National Weather Service to provide us with the most up to date forecasts and detailed weather information. This information will be updated as weather changes.
General Flood Warning & Precautions
- Turn around don’t drown! Just 12 inches of rushing water is enough to wash away a small car. NWS Turn Around Don’t Drown
- Clear street drains in your neighborhood throughout the storm. Cleaning them just once may not be enough as the rain may wash more leaves onto the drain. Clark County Residents should not try to clear storm drains on busy streets. Call Clark County Public Works at (360) 397-2446 to report clogged storm drains or flooding outside of city limits.
- Keep gutters clean, watch for drainage issues around your home
- Tips from Clark County Public Works Before, During, and After A Flood
- DO NOT call 9-1-1 to request sandbags or inquire about public sandbag locations
- Most large hardware and home improvement stores carry material needed for sandbags
- Some area Public Works agencies may provide public sandbag assembly areas:
- Sandbags are available from Clark County Public Works (2 locations)
- 78th St Operation Center 4700 N.E. 78th St.
- 149th Street Operations Center 11608 NE 149th St.
- Sandbag assembly required, remember to bring your own shovel
- Do not reuse sandbags from previous flood
- Sandbags are available to residents of the City Of Vancouver (2 locations)
- In front of fence near the sign at the former Golden Skate site, 4915 E Fourth Plain Blvd
- Near the driveway access at Vancouver Public Works’ East Operations site, 912 NE 192 Ave
- For More information from Vancouver Public Works click here.
- Sandbags are available for residents of Battle Ground (Self-serve)
- Flex Use Building, 1308 SE Grace Ave
- Sandbags are available to residents of Camas (2 locations)
- Operations Center 1620 SE 8th Ave
- 4010 NW Astor Street near NW 38th Ave.
- For More information on Sandbags in Camas click here.
- Sandbags are available to residents of Ridgefield
- Abrams Park End of Division off of N 5th Ave.
Sandbags are available to residents of Washougal (3 locations)
- 2300 block of North L Street
- Silver Star Search & Rescue 13th & A Street
- Public Works Operations 2201 C Street
Road Status: Closed or Restricted Roads
Information about flooded, impassable, or restricted roads will be posted here as information becomes available:
There are no current closures
Information Telephone Numbers & Links
- Clark County Public Works
- 360-397-2446 To report downed trees
- Clark County Leaf Disposal
- Follow @ClarkCoWa_PW on Twitter for information regarding road closures.
- Vancouver Public Works
- Battle Ground Public Works
- 360-342-5350 M-F 7:30am-4:00pm
- 360-635-7076After Hours Emergencies
- Online Requests
- Camas Public Works
- 360-817-1563 M-F 8am-5pm
- 360-737-0592 After Hours Emergencies
- City of Camas Public Works
- La Center Public Works
- 360-524-3450 Public Works Emergency Pager
- Ridgefield Public Works
- 360-887-8251 During Business Hours
- 360-518-8146 After Hours
- Washougal Public Works
- City of Washougal Public Works
- Clark County Public Utilities
- 360-992-8000 To report outages
- Clark County PUD Outage Map
- Clark Regional Wastewater District
- WSDOT Travel Alerts
- Vancouver Area Traffic Cameras
- NWS Hydrologic Prediction Service
- NWS Portland Forecasting Office
- CRESA Facebook Page
- Follow CRESA on Twitter @CRESA and @CRESATalk