We want to make help your prepare for a fun and safe Halloween. Here are some easy tips for you and your family for the trick-or-treat festivities.
- Check your local newspaper, municipality’s website, or social media feed to get updates on times for trick-or-treating (many locations offer indoor options).
- Make sure you have several working flashlights and so that everyone can see and be seen, glow sticks and other self illuminated products are widely available.
- Only visit houses with porch lights that are turned on!
- Be vigilant while crossing streets, look both ways before you cross and try to cross only at corners.
- Stay in groups and keep an eye out for each other while trick-or-treating.
- Consider costumes that are bright and reflective.
- Your costumes accessories should be made from soft pliable materials.
- Do not eat any candy until you return home to your parents.
- All parents should inspect and review all candy collected before allowing children to consume. (feel free to collect a candy inspection tax).
- Discard any candy that show signs of tampering and throw away any candy that is not sealed or in the original packaging.
- After eating candy don’t forget to brush your teeth (consider a new fun Halloween themed toothbrush).
If you are driving this Halloween season, DRIVE SLOWLY! Children will be out and about – so keep a sharp eye for everyone on the street.
It’s supposed to be a wet Halloween this year, take necessary precautions to stay safe and dry.
Hope you have a fun yet safe Halloween this year!!