CRESA Always Here, Always Ready

Posts tagged Emergency Management

State of WA Winter Storm IA Data Collection

CRESA is working with the State of Washington is collecting data to determine the level of individual personal property damage related to the December 2022 Severe Storms (18-28 December).  This data will be used to determine if Washington State, and by extension Clark County, qualify for FEMA assistance for this event.  At this time we are only collecting information. 

If you or someone you know had damages to your primary home or to your business related to the December Severe Storms, please complete this form

Completing this form does not ensure you or Clark County will qualify for individual assistance.  At this time, this inquiry is for data collection only as the State of Washington determines if there is enough damage to request Individual Assistance from the federal government. 

To be considered, the attached form MUST be completed by noon on Friday Jan 6 to be considered. 

If you need additional recovery resources please visit for steps individuals can take to aid in their initial recovery (e.g., documenting damages, contacting insurance companies, etc.). 

If you experience losses due to a disaster, here are some recommended steps to take:
1. Assess and Document Damage. 
Identify and make a list of all damaged or lost items. Take pictures of damaged items and estimate how much you think it will cost to repair or replace your belongings.
2. Contact Your Insurance Provider.
 Contact your insurance company to learn how to file a claim. If you experience any issues working with your insurance provider, you may want to contact or 1-800-562-6900 for assistance.
3. Report Damages to Local Emergency Management. 
You should report damages to your local emergency management office. They may share local resources to support you in your recovery and will want to know the extent of damages in the area to seek state or federal assistance. Depending on the size of the disaster and how you were affected, you may need to report damages and register for assistance from multiple agencies including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Small Business Administration (SBA) or the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
4. Stay Informed. 
Be on the lookout for continued recovery resources shared by your local emergency management office and other community service organizations through radio, social media and paper fliers. Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster will be present to help with activities like damage assessment, debris clean-up, and supporting donations and volunteers.

For additional information on assistance for individuals, households, and businesses, visit:

Translate ยป